Current workshops include:
· Villa Maria Carers uke group Tuesdays 10-
12pm Wangaratta. Phone; 0357221217.
This is open to care givers and care
· OK Ukes, Mondays 5-6pm Wangaratta.
Beginners and Experienced ukers. Phone
0357221217. Ukuleles and beginner classes
available for all levels.
· Beginners and experienced player classes
starting third term for more info
· Strum techniques Develop a wide range of
basicstrum techniques and learn how to
integrate them into your own unique playing
· Rhythm and Strum This workshop shows
how to find the feel of a tune, capture the
rhythm and then how to translate it to your
· Playing by ear and session playing These
two go together, gain skills and confidence
when playing by ear and how to approach
Program for schools
This program will enable you to establish a ukulele program
and to integrate it into the school curriculum. We present a
series of classes to teach the students to play the ukulele
and generate enthusiasm. We also run a series of
workshops for teachers, providing them with the resources
to carry on running the ukulele program:
These teacher workshops willl;
· Teach them more advanced ukulele method to
4and 5 chord song level, including basic theory.
· Demonstrate the components of the program and
teach the techniques required.
· Develop a graded curriculum that will adapt to class
· Develop a teaching program with lesson plans and
competency and assessment indicators.
· Outline the resources available to provide for
ongoing flexibility in program development.
· Provide the teaching resource, “Learn to Play the
Ukulele”, 60 page colour instruction book and CD
written by the program coordinators.
· Provide a working song book with supporting “play
along” audio CD.
· This ukulele program supports engagement in
school curriculums through:
· Songwriting, to explore personal and group issues
and using songwriting as a means of expression.
· Musical arrangement: using the solfege octave
(doh, ray, me etc.) to build melodic structures for
the songs and then add the accompanying chord
pattern. It sounds complicated but really is a simple
· To record these songs using free multitrack
recording software and an inexpensive microphone.
· To mix recorded tracks and perform basic sound
· Produce mp3 and audio files to burn to a CD
· Prepare the artwork and design and print the CDs
and CD covers.
· Develop marketing and publicity strategy for CD and
· Internet research for songs and further learning